Easy Peasy Chicken & Dumplings Recipe
This is my go to comfort food when someone is feeling ill at our house.
- 5 frozen chicken breasts
- 2 boxes of chicken broth
- 3 stalks of celery chopped
- canned biscuits. (I use the 4 pack that is sold together)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup or the equivalent of my Kitchen hack, cream soup recipe posted previously.
- Put frozen chicken, 1 box of broth, celery in the crock pot
- Cook the frozen chicken breast mixture on high for 4 hours in the crock pot. or boil slowly on the stove if you are at home until done and celery is soft
- Remove chicken and chop
- open the biscuits, take apart and cut into quarters. I use the pizza cutter.
- take broth from crock pot and put into pan on the stove,
- add other box of broth and cream soup and whisk as you heat to boiling.
- when boiling begins, drop in the quartered biscuits, they will "pop" back up and are done really quick! Just stir and add the chopped chicken.
- This is not a spicy recipe! It is bland on purpose to be easy on the tummy.
You may add more salt as you wish, or other spices, flavors.
This is a quick method. If time is plentiful you can follow this same process by cooking a whole chicken and removing the meat from the bone, this method has amazing flavor. Substitute wide egg noodles for biscuits, add some chopped onion and carrot when meat is cooking and you have chicken noodle soup!