Pawdon Me, We’re Not Kitten – Cats & Kittens Only $30 at WHS
Last night, the kitty we adopted from the WHS decided to come snuggle with me at bedtime. This is weird because Peyton is only affectionate maybe one or two days out of the month and only sticks around for about five minutes. But last night, he was just needy! He pushed his head up under my chin and wanted me to hold him. ALL NIGHT LONG. It's cool for about 30 minutes and then I want to roll over! He wasn't budging and I didn't dare move him. It wasn't until 3 AM when I had to go to the bathroom that he decided to get up and beg to go out.
We've had Peytey since he was a nub of a kitten. We love having him around and he's so much easier to maintain then the dog. He's self grooming, doesn't poop on the carpet, and we can leave without kenneling him. Also, he doesn't roll in dead stuff or eat poop or anything weird like that.
Right now, the WHS has an abundance of KITTIES! So, they are running a special - $30 for kitties who are fixed and ready to leave immediately. Interested in a Kitten or Cat? Fill out an application here!
And if you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
WHS: $30 Cat & Kitten Special
MORE FROM WHS
Fall Online Silent Auction
Starting Sept 14th at 10 AM , the WHS will be hosting the non-wearables part of their online silent auction. Bid on packages and gifts from local businesses and donors. See details here.
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Give Back Night
Join us for a Give Back Night on Thursday, October 8 for dinner at Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers! 15% of sales go to Warrick Humane Society. Be sure to tell the cashier your order goes toward WHS!
The Give Back Event is happening at both Evansville locations: East Evansville - 2848 N Green River Rd. or West Evansville - 5501 Pearl Dr.
Keep a Lookout for Tigger
WHS COVID-19 Policies:
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!