WHS Pets of the Week: Spring Kittens of All Colors & Coat Lengths!
If you've never had a kitten around the house, you truly need to add it to your bucket list because there's nothing more fun (and adorable) than baby animals! We adopted our cat - Peyton Meownning - from Warrick Humane Society a couple of years ago. He wasn't anything special - just a standard orange and white tabby. But he let my daughter hold him like a baby. Even now, she dresses him in baby clothes and spoon feeds him wet cat food while he sits in a doll high chair. We call him the Spaghetti Cat because he is limp like a spaghetti noodle.
Right now, the WHS has kittens in all shapes, sizes, colors, coat lengths, and genders! If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
WHS COVID-19 Policies:
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.
- Warrick Tails on Trails will be starting up soon! Please watch their Facebook page for details!