WHS Pets of the Week: Great Medium Size Family Dogs
Growing up, we always had a family dog. My dad brought him home when I was really little. He was a 15 lb Lhasa Apso named Ruffy. Ruffy wasn't terribly affectionate or that smart. By the time he crossed the rainbow bridge, he was a dog without a tail (hit by a car) and only one eye (kicked by a horse) and well, was of course, was neutered. He also liked to guard food and would get super weird when he'd dig. Let's just say he had a lot of quirks but he was part of the family and we loved him so much! He was a huge part of my childhood because he was always there with us no matter what. If you are thinking about getting a family dog, there are lots of great medium-sized family dogs at the Warrick Humane Society right now looking for their loving furrrever home. Check out the photo gallery below of Rye, Meatball, Toby, and Rock N Roll!
WHS will also be hosting a low cost vaccination clinic with Dr. Bennett from 10am-12pm. No appointments necessary, first come first serve. Must be signed in by 12pm to get vaccinations. We will be offering the following:
Rabies - $15
DA2PP - $15
Bordetella - $15
Heartworm Test - $20
FVRCP - $15
FeLV/FIV Test - $25
Microchip - $20
Flea Treatment - $10-20
Dewormer - $5-15
Owners will NOT be permitted inside the building at any point. We will have tents set up outside for people to wait. All pets must be leashed or in a carrier.
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
WHS COVID-19 Policies:
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!