Things That Will Only Annoy People from the Tri-State
You might be from the Tri-State if these things get under your skin...
Evansville is a wonderful city, don't get me wrong. However, living around here can be rough sometimes. Here are a few examples:
- "Evansville is basically Kentucky, right?"
No, it's Indiana. Yes, it's close to Kentucky...but it's two different states. We love Kentucky, but we aren't Kentucky. And vice versa. Give us independence.
- When Schnucks runs out of Grippos.
The ultimate betrayal, especially for a Westsider.
- When the line at Donut Bank is wrapped around the building.
I JUST WANT MY LONG JOHNS, DAMMIT.
- Turning left onto Burkhardt from the Lloyd Expressway.
The light lasts for 5 seconds and the line is always super long. You will sit through 32 light changes before you get on Burkhardt.
- Speaking of the Lloyd...expect long delays near Vann Ave.
It will never not be backed up. Ever.
- Going anywhere near the West Side during the Fall Festival.
I'm usually right there up in that mess, but if you're just passing through, probably don't.
- Riverside being closed every other weekend.
What's going on? Is the Ohio River EVER going to go down?
- Parking around Haynie’s Corner.
You're better off parking at home and walking to Dapper Pig on a given weekend.
- Snow days with no snow.
What about the children? What kind of fun is that supposed to be?
- Downtown being a constant construction zone.
It’s already confusing because everything is a one-way…now we’ve added years of construction to the mix.
- THE. STOPLIGHTS.
Is it really necessary to have stoplights every few miles….on an expressway?
- When you have to merge onto the Lloyd from Green River.
Why do two lanes turn into one? We're so confused.
- When Evansville Watch temporarily disappears from Twitter.
WE NEEDED YOU.
- When Azzip asks if you want a big zip or a little zip.
We both know the answer to that. Load ‘er up.
- When you travel to a city that doesn’t have Yuengling.
- Twin bridge work.
Does it ever end? Will I ever be able to commute from Evansville to Henderson with ease?
- Vectren randomly deciding to up their prices.
Come on, man. I just want to be warm.
- Sneaky cops hiding on University Parkway.
I know you're there...but it’s a close call every time.
- The potholes.
I mean, they're everywhere. Literally. Flat tires for everyone.
- When the line to the Big Dipper is way out on Parrish Avenue.
Here we go again. Can't we just eat in a timely fashion?