More Winter Weather on the Way for the Tri-State [Winter Weather Advisory]
I'll admit it. I prayed for snow. I wanted a snow day! Don't we all? Now, my fickle self has had enough of the snow. I know the weather isn't up to me but I'd be really okay with warmer temps, flowers, sunshine and balmy weather. However, those lovely things will have to wait. I am sad to say that more winter weather is on its way.
Here's the update from the National Weather Service along with a Winter Weather Advisory.
- Today A chance of snow after 3pm, mixing with sleet after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 28. Wind chill values as low as -6. South southeast wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tonight Snow likely before 9pm, then sleet, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 9pm and midnight, then rain after midnight. Temperature rising to around 35 by 5am. South southeast wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Saturday Rain. High near 38. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
- Saturday Night A slight chance of rain or freezing rain before midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 22. North northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 AM CST
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PADUCAH HAS ISSUED A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW...SLEET...AND FREEZING RAIN WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 6 AM CST SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
* TIMING: SNOW AND SLEET WILL DEVELOP ACROSS THE AREA BY MIDDAY FRIDAY. THE PRECIPITATION WILL INTENSIFY AND TRANSITION TO FREEZING RAIN FRIDAY NIGHT. TEMPERATURES WILL WARM TO ABOVE FREEZING BY EARLY SATURDAY.
* MAIN IMPACT: A COMBINATION OF SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATIONS UNDERNEATH A THIN LAYER OF ICE WILL CREATE A PERIOD OF VERY HAZARDOUS DRIVING CONDITIONS...ESPECIALLY FRIDAY EVENING.
* UP TO 2 INCHES OF SNOW AND SLEET ARE POSSIBLE ACROSS THE ADVISORY AREA...ESPECIALLY EAST OF THE MS RIVER. UP TO A TENTH OF AN INCH OF ICE ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE NEAR THE TENNESSEE AND ARKANSAS BORDERS.
A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW...SLEET...OR FREEZING RAIN WILL CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SLIPPERY ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES...AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING.