Evansville to Host Inaugural Small College Basketball Hall of Fame Induction and Tournament
Indiana is a basketball loving state, for sure! So how cool is it that Evansville gets to host the official induction ceremony for the first Small College Basketball Hall of Fame class?
The induction ceremony will take place Thursday, November 17th at the Ford Center in downtown Evansville, followed by the Small College Basketball Classic tournament on November 18th and 19th. The tournament will feature six Division II schools, including our own University of Southern Indiana.
Purchase tickets online for the Hall of Fame induction and/or the tournament.
Hall of Fame Induction Class
Earlier this year, the folks from Small College Basketball announced the members of the first hall of fame induction class. It includes 15 players, coaches and contributors from Division 2, Division 3 and NAIA schools. Inductees can be seen below.
- Dr. Dick Barnett (Tennessee A&I)
- Bevo Francis (Rio Grande)
- John Ebeling (Florida Southern)
- Travis Grant (Kentucky State)
- Bob Hopkins (Grambling)
- Lucious Jackson (Pan American College)
- Phil Jackson (North Dakota)
- Earl Monroe (Winston-Salem State)
- Willis Reed (Grambling)
- John Rinka (Kenyon)
- Jerry Sloan (Evansville)
- Clarence Gaines (Winston-Salem State)
- Arad McCutchan (Evansville)
- John McLendon (North Carolina College, Hampton, Tennessee A&I, Kentucky State, and Cleveland State)
- Dr. James Naismith
You can see more about each of these Hall of Fame inductees HERE.