10 Tips For Your Home During Falling Temps
It's going to be freezing over the next few days. You'll want to follow these tips to make it through!
So here's the thing. It's not my first rodeo with the cold weather and negative degree temps. I live in the country so I rough it more than the average "city slicker". With the freezing temps coming, I figured it would be a good idea to compile a list of tips to get you through the very, very cold week. Some of these you may know, some might be new to you.
1. Bring your pets inside or if they are larger outside animals give them blankets and heck, bring them in the garage if you have too!
2. Stay in if you do not have to go anywhere important (yes, you probably still have to work but avoid going to the mall as you probably don't need something THAT bad).
3. Go ahead and raise the your thermostat a degree or two higher than normal NOW.
4. DO NOT run your oven as a way to heat the house. With animals and little kids, this is a good way to cause an injury.
5. Limit the amount of times you are going in and out of the house (duh, common sense here people).
6. Keep your garage doors closed! You may not know, but that interior wall between the house and garage may not have insulation!
7. Make sure your radiators and vents are not blocked or obstructed. You need all the heat you can get!
8. Let your faucet drip. Not run, but just a small drip so the pipes don't freeze!
9. Stock up on some hot chocolate/coffee/soup etc. You must have that winter food! Thanks to the fad of meal prepping, that's not a bad idea either.
10. Wear all the layers! You're at home, just wear all the layers you want!
Following these tips are a great way to make it through the week! It's going to be bitter. Take the time to binge watch Netflix, snuggle your animals, and if you have a fireplace-use it!