WHS Pets of the Week: Winter Park and Telluride
Not all dogs start out their lives in a fun-loving snuggley home. But the WHS wants to change that for a couple of beautiful Pyrenees mixes that need homes that are willing to put in the extra love and patience needed to bond properly.
Meet Winter Park! Winter park is an 11 month old Pyrenees mix. She is very unsocialized, but friendly. She had to be shaved due to severe matting. She is part of the rest of the group from last week. If you’re interested in meeting our adoptable dogs, please fill out an application on our website.
Meet Telluride. Telluride is an 11 mo old Pyrenees mix. She is part of the same litter of Pyrenees mixes we had last week. She is very unsocialized, but very sweet. If you’re interested in meeting our adoptable dogs, please fill out an application on our website.
Interested? Fill out an application here!
And if you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, Landry detergent - any brand HE, and Bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
Tastee Freeze Giveback
Grab some yummy ice cream and/or food at TF Ice Cream any time on August 1st and 10% of your purchase will be donated back to the animals in need at Warrick Humane Society! Nothing needs to be shown when ordering, just go and enjoy your tasty treats and feel good knowing you are helping homeless pets!
WHS Adoptable Pets of the Week: The Doxies
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
WHS COVID-19 Policies:
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!