Luttrell Farms Celebrates Its 25th Anniversary of Ohio County Ag Days (Video)
Luttrell Farms in Ohio County celebrated a huge milestone this week. They have been hosting Ohio County Ag Days for 25 years teaching kids all about a variety of all things Agriculture.
Ag Days are a partnership between Luttrell Farms and the 4-H Extension Office of Ohio County. Angel here and I have been visiting Ag Days for four years now. On my first visit to the farm, I snuggled a little piggy. Ok, so I didn't exactly snuggle him it was more like I chased him and picked him up and he squealed very loudly until I put him back down.
4th Graders have the opportunity to do all the following:
- The Food Journey from Farm to Table: They learn about various fruits and vegetables and how important they are to our health.
- Soybeans: Kids learn about how soybeans are grown and how good they are for you.
- ATV/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety: Vehicles are put on display and the students learn safety while operating each one.
- Soil Erosion: The soil erosion station shows how important using conservation methods are for today's farmers.
- Trees: Learning about the many uses of trees.
- Bees & Honey YUM: A buzzing talk about bees and how they are so valuable to our society.
- Grain Safety: Helping kids understand that grain bins are not a safe place to play and how very dangerous they are.
- All the Chicks: Perdue farms talks about all things poultry and what a baby chick needs to grow.
- Petting Zoo: The kids get to meet a cow, horses, goats, and two sweet piggies.
- Farm Toys: Luttrell Farms has over 1 million dollars of modern & antique farm equipment.
- Electrical Safety: All about the dangers of electricity.
I had a great time visiting Ag Days and hanging out with Farmer Luttrell. You better believe when the time comes next year I will be making the drive to visit Luttrell Farms.