Here’s a Sweet and Fun Way to Spice Up Your Christmas Ham
I have to be honest. I am not the biggest fan of turkey. I am one of those people who, at Thanksgiving and Christmas, much prefers ham to the bird. So, I am always on the lookout for a really fun and festive ham recipe.
Well, my friend Brooklyn Maple, with Kentucky Legend, just served one up. Here's a great "glaze" recipe that will certainly add some extra spice and kick to your Christmas ham. You can surprise the family this year by slicing a Hot Honey Garlic Glazed Ham. That sounds really good, doesn't it?
Here's how to make it!
Hot Honey Garlic Glazed Ham
2 tbsp honey
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
2 tbsp white vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp minced garlic
2 tbsp vegetable oil
4 to 6 lb Kentucky Legend Half Ham Honey
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Preheat your oven to 375˚F. In a small bowl, whisk together honey, butter, hot sauce, vinegar, garlic and 2 tbsp water. Set aside.
2. Using a sharp knife, score a 1-inch wide diamond pattern on ham. **This will let that glaze really soak down into that ham!
3. Heat oil in large skillet; sear ham on each side for about 15 minutes or until browned and golden. Transfer to cutting board; cover with foil.
4. Transfer covered ham to rack set in roasting pan. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and instant-read thermometer inserted in center reaches 140˚F.
5. Remove from oven; remove foil. Baste ham with glaze; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until glaze is slightly caramelized.
6. Transfer to cutting board; let stand for 15 minutes before slicing. Garnish with parsley.
For more delicious Kentucky Legend-inspired recipes, you can CLICK HERE!
What's Cookin'? airs each Monday morning here on WBKR and we're committed to giving you delicious, cost-effective and fun recipes that you can try at home.