Watch Kentucky Woman in Heels Attempting To Catch A Little Piggy- it’s HILARIOUS
It's that time of year again when Luttrell Farms in Ohio County opens the farm up to 4th-grade students. Remember the time Angel tried to catch a pig-WATCH!
WHAT ARE OHIO COUNTY AG DAYS?
Ag Days are a partnership between Luttrell Farms and the 4-H Extension Office of Ohio County. Angel here and I have been visiting Ag Days for five years now. You remember those field trips in school where you told the classes that came after you in years what to get excited about. This is one of those field trips. It's fun, it's educational and you get to see the cutest animals EVER.
Speaking of animals my first visit to the farm I decided it would be a bright idea to pick up a cute and nosey little piggy. This little piggy SQUEALED....LOUDLY!
So that didn't actually go as planned but it was still really cute. Last year they had 4-H prize-winning pigs from the Kentucky State Fair and those babies were huge like 400 pounds big I didn't attempt to pick them up but I didn't feed one a bottle.
WHAT DO THE KIDS LEARN AT OHIO COUNTY AG DAYS?
4th Graders have the opportunity to do all the following:
- The Food Journey from Farm to Table: They learn about various fruits and vegetables and how important they are to our health.
- Soybeans: Kids learn about how soybeans are grown and how good they are for you.
- ATV/Lawn Mower/Tractor Safety: Vehicles are put on display and the students learn safety while operating each one.
- Soil Erosion: The soil erosion station shows how important using conservation methods are for today's farmers.
- Trees: Learning about the many uses of trees.
- Bees & Honey YUM: A buzzing talk about bees and how they are so valuable to our society.
- Grain Safety: Helping kids understand that grain bins are not a safe place to play and how very dangerous they are.
- All the Chicks: Perdue farms talks about all things poultry and what a baby chick needs to grow.
- Petting Zoo: The kids get to meet a cow, horses, goats, and two sweet piggies.
- Farm Toys: Luttrell Farms has over 1 million dollars of modern & antique farm equipment.
- Electrical Safety: All about the dangers of electricity.
Ag Days are a great way to educate students who don't live on a farm. Many students would never have the opportunity to see what life is like on a farm without Ag Days. It is super important for them to understand how it all works and to experience it.