TEDxEvansville Announces Speakers for 2019 ‘Change’ Event
TEDxEvansville announces the speaker lineup for its 2019 event, "Change." Nine speakers will present their ideas worth spreading on stage at Shanklin Theatre on the University of Evansville campus on Friday evening, November 8, 2019.
"We're really thrilled about the speakers this year," says Leslie Eades, co-lead of the TEDxEvansville curatorial committee. "Attendees will have the opportunity to engage with some truly interesting and thought-provoking topics from a diverse array of speakers, and we can't wait to share in the experience with them."
"The Alliance is delighted to partner with TEDxEvansville, and help provide a platform for conversation and community engagement in Evansville and the surrounding region," says Jill Carpenter, President and CEO of Community Foundation Alliance, this years presenting sponsor.
In the event's fifth year, it is moving to the venerated Shanklin Theatre at the University of Evansville. "UE has always been driven to make positive change in the world, and we're excited to host TEDxEvansville and help bring important topics and conversation to our community," says Shane Davidson, Vice President of Enrollment & Marketing.
The speakers, who will each be giving a talk ranging from 5 to 18 minutes long, include:
● Lisa Barnett – Founder/ Executive Director, Southside Stars Youth Zone “The Heart of Lasting Change is Youth”
● Lewis Chaney – Business Storytelling Consultant, Public Speaking Coach “You Won’t Die From Public Speaking but Your Deal Might”
● Dr. Angela Graves – Audiologist, Hearing Healthcare Center “Breaking Down Communication Barriers”
● Ashley Sides Johnson – Author “The elephant in your office has a mental illness”
● Dr. Ashley Jordan, Executive Director, Evansville African American Museum “It’s Not My Story…Why Should I Care?”
● Jason Koger - Motivational Speaker, Actor “Why just survive when you can thrive?”
● Dr. Lisa Kretz – Associate Professor, University of Evansville “Bridging Theory to Action: Hope and Climate Change”
● Cindy Petrov Alfaro – Founder, Lawtina LLC “Why Engaging Your Community in Your Struggle Story Can Change The World”
TEDxEvansville on FacebookInstagram
TED is a nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks (18 minutes or less). TED began in 1984 as a conference where Technology, Entertainment and Design converged, and today covers almost all topics — from science to business to global issues — in more than 100 languages. Meanwhile, independently run TEDx events help share ideas in communities around the world.