Owensboro Looking to Hire New Police Officers
If you're looking for a new career and would like to help serve your community, the city of Owensboro is giving you a chance to do just that. Owensboro is currently taking applications for new police officers but there are some minimum requirements that must be met.
All applicants must be:
- U.S. Citizen
- Valid Driver's License
- At Least 21 years old by September 15th 2019
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree or equivalent job related education/experience OR
- Two years Active Duty Military OR
- 3 Years Law Enforcement experience OR
- 2 years full time experience in Law Enforcement Dispatch for Owensboro Police Department
- No Felonies or Class A Misdemeanors or 3 Class B Misd.
- No illegal drug use with 12 months of hire date
- Able to pass MANDATORY physical fitness and written exams
If this sound like something that you would be interested in, submit your application at www.owensboro.org/police and click on employment opportunities. Deadline to apply for this test session is August 30th.