Deadline for Indiana State Trooper Applications February 25th
If you or someone you know have an interest in helping keep our community safe as a law enforcement officer, now's the time to act as the deadline to apply for the 78th Recruiting Academy is coming up quickly.
Before you apply, know there are a few requirements you'll need to meet first. Those are:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Must be at least 21 and less than 40 years of age when appointed as a police employee. (Appointment date is December 13, 2018)
- Must meet a minimum vision standard (corrected or uncorrected) of 20/50 acuity in each eye and 20/50 distant binocular acuity in both eyes.
- Must possess a valid driver's license to operate an automobile.
- Must be willing, if appointed, to reside and serve anywhere within the State of Indiana as designated by the Superintendent.
- Must be a high school graduate as evidenced by a diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED).
Deadline for applications is this Sunday (February 25th, 2018), and are currently being accepted through the Indiana State Police website. The website also features links with information on salary and benefits.
[Source: Indiana State Police]