Get a Taste of Vietnam & Kentucky in One Delicious Sandwich
Next December, I am spending Christmas vacation in Asia and a big chunk of that trip is going to be spent in Vietnam. One of the things I am most looking forward to on that trip is the cuisine. I am really adventurous when it comes to food and can't wait to enjoy tastes and flavors not typically found or celebrated here in the U.S.
Well, this morning here on WBKR, our friends from Kentucky Legend served up a sneak preview. Brooklyn Maple joined us with a spicy Pork Chop Banh Mi sandwich. And this recipe, in a pretty unique and remarkable way, blends flavors from Vietnam with flavors from right here in Kentucky.
Check this out! Here's how to make a delicious Pork Chop Banh Mi that will give you a taste of both worlds.
PORK CHOP BANH MI
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 baguette or 4 long rolls, split and slightly hollowed out
- Kentucky Legend Pork Chops, sliced
- 1 cup carrot matchsticks
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted peanuts
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tsp sriracha hot sauce
- Mix together mayonnaise, vinegar, cilantro and ginger.
- Spread bottom half of baguette with mayonnaise mixture; top with pork.
- Toppings: Layer carrots, cilantro, peanuts and green onions over top. Drizzle with hoisin sauce and sriracha. Cap with top of baguette; cut into four portions.
To see other delicious Kentucky Legend recipes that you can try at home, CLICK HERE.