8 Things Kat Learned While Visiting Chicago
After a quick weekend trip to Chicago for the very first time, I learned a few valuable lessons!
1. When driving on the loop around downtown Chicago, if you aren't doing 70 in the 55, you WILL get run over.
2. I can function (barely) for 42 hours on 7 hours of sleep & a 2 hour nap without mass quantities of caffeine.
3. Cab drivers have nerves of steel and cat-like reflexes
4. When on the floor at a concert, keep your eyes out for crowd surfers or you will get smacked in the back of the head by a random body part & your glasses will get knocked off. (Luckily my I was quick enough to catch them before they hit the floor)
5. Protecting your kid from getting shoved around by random strangers on the floor is physically exhausting but apparently necessary.
6. Advil liquid gels & icy hot patches are my new best friend.
7. My body doesn't like being on my feet that long.
8. I would do it all again to see the smile on the kid's face and watch her sing along at the top of her lungs.