5 Things Parents Have to Get Used To Again For Back To School
Kids aren't the only one that have to get used to going back to school after summer break! During the summer, both parents and children get lulled into a false sense of relaxation, only to have the rug yanked from under us at the start of the new school year. We get used to being a little more lazier than the rest of year, and most of the routines that we get used to get relaxed or even thrown completely out the window.
After surviving my first week of school with two kids both transferring schools, I've come up with a list of the Top 5 things PARENTS have to get used to again at the beginning of the school year:
5. Getting Up Early - Since I work mostly in the afternoons, during the school year, I'm usually the one dropping the kids off while my wife picks them up. So during the summer I enjoyed waking up at 8 or 9 am instead of 5:30am!
4. Making Kids Go To Bed on Time - My youngest boy seems to get his biggest burst of energy right when it's time to go to sleep no matter what time of the year it is.
3. Remembering to Pick Kids Up - There can be a lot of confusion at the beginning of the school trying to co-ordinate work schedules around school schedules making figuring out who was supposed to pick up the kids from Grandma's house or the sitter's a real challenge.
2. Checking Homework - If the work day was hard, remembering that the kids even WENT to school can be difficult, let alone trying to help your child with a class you haven't taking in 20 years!
1. Having a quiet House in the morning - This one can be the most jarring but the most welcomed change for the school year. It'll take a couple of days to get use to NOT hearing kids screaming at their video games (or each other for that matter) but once you do, it's a small slice of heaven.
If there are any other things that you found yourself having to get used to doing again for the new school year, leave you answers in the comment box!