Pumpkin Spice Frappé [RECIPE + SKINNY VERSION]
On a budget this time of year? Me too! But, um… it’s also that time of the year for our favorite coffee flavors to tempt our palate with detectible delights! Let’s be honest ladies and gents, do we really want to wait in line to order and pay five bucks a cup? No, I thought not. Here is a recipe for one of my favorite frozen coffee drinks! - by Lauren DeArmond
- 1 1/2 cups high quality vanilla ice cream (use Blue Bunny with Splenda for a skinny version)
- 1/4 cup (2 fluid ounces) strong coffee; chilled
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ cup ice
- Place all ingredients into a blender, puree on medium.
- Pour into a glass and stir until thick.
- Optional to top the beverage off with whip cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin spice.