WHS Pets of the Week: Doxie Mixes
My grandma loved Doxies. And what's not to love? Long bodies, short legs, big personalities! Right now, the Warrick Humane Society in Newburgh has three adorable Doxie mixes - one for each taste! Harley, Handley, and Chloe came from a home where their owner passed away and now they are looking for a second lease on life. They are all very sweet and can't wait to be part of a brand new family. Interested? Fill out an application here!
And if you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, Landry detergent - any brand HE, and Bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
WHS will also be hosting a low cost vaccination clinic with Dr. Bennett on July 11 from 10am-12pm. No appointments necessary, first come first serve. Must be signed in by 12pm to get vaccinations. We will be offering the following:
Rabies - $15
DA2PP - $15
Bordetella - $15
Heartworm Test - $20
FVRCP - $15
FeLV/FIV Test - $25
Microchip - $20
Flea Treatment - $10-20
Dewormer - $5-15
Owners will NOT be permitted inside the building at any point. We will have tents set up outside for people to wait. All pets must be leashed or in a carrier.
Tastee Freeze Giveback
Grab some yummy ice cream and/or food at TF Ice Cream any time on August 1st and 10% of your purchase will be donated back to the animals in need at Warrick Humane Society! Nothing needs to be shown when ordering, just go and enjoy your tasty treats and feel good knowing you are helping homeless pets!
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
WHS COVID-19 Policies:
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!