Volunteers Needed for Boo at the Zoo
Mesker Park Zoo has a few volunteer spots open for this weekend's (10/26 - 10/28) Boo at the Zoo.
- Volunteer age: Volunteers must be at least 15 years of age (adult volunteers may bring children ages 12 & older with them, but those under 15 are required to remain with the adult).
- Parking: Parking is available in the Lot across from the Amphitheatre, located on Mesker Park Dr.
- Shift Time: Arrive at the entry of the zoo (1545 Mesker Park Drive) at 4:15 PM for the Friday/Saturday shifts (admission gates open at 5) and 2:15 PM for the Sunday shifts (admission gates open at 3). Shifts end at approximately 8:45 PM on the Friday/Saturday shifts and approximately 6:45 PM on the Sunday shifts. Volunteers must be able to stay for the duration of the event.
Tips and Info:
- Dress appropriately! Most volunteer opportunities will be outside, so bring warm clothes and wear comfortable shoes. The event is rain or shine; only in the event of severe weather will the event be canceled. Check our Facebook page for event updates related to weather or call (812) 435.6143.
- Wear a costume! While not required, you are certainly encouraged to wear one.
- Food & Beverages: Although we are unable to provide food for our volunteers, refreshments will be provided to you throughout the event. Our new Rainforest Grill will also be open, or feel free to bring a snack with you.
- One complimentary “general admission” ticket will be given to you (to use in the future during regular zoo hours) at the end of your volunteer shift to show our appreciation for our volunteers.
- Most booths have 2 – 3 volunteers per table. If you have more people than this in your group, it is possible you will be split into smaller groups during the actual event. We make every effort to accommodate our volunteers as best as possible, but cannot guarantee that your group will remain together in the same location.
- A Zoo employee will dismiss you at the end of the night after the last visitor has passed your area.
[Source: Mesker Park Zoo]