Meet Mama Sassy, an Affectionate Older Lady [WHS Pet of the Week]
Hey Sweetie, I'm Sassy. Some of the other cats here call me Mama Sassy because I'm like everyone's mama cat. Everyone is welcome to come get some lovins when Mama Sassy is in the house! I have found myself at the WHS once again. They said it wasn't my fault: my people's situation changed and I need a new family to go love on now.
I like kids, dogs, other cats - you name it and I'm there for it. Since I'm a little older, you do have to be gentle with me but I have great manners and would happy to sit and cuddle all day or be a companion for someone else (animal or human) who needs me.
If you are interested in me, Fill out an application here!
Last Week's Pet of the Week, LUKE - Still Up for Adoption at WHS!
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!
OTHER STUFF HAPPENING AT THE WHS
If you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
Miles for Mutts
Registration for Miles for Mutts is open! Due to the pandemic, we are going virtual this year. Run or walk the 5K by November 14, wherever you like, whenever you like, alone or with friends. Don't forget to order a bandanna for your furry friend! Click on the event link for details and registration.
Keep a Lookout for Tigger
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Give Back Night
Join us for a Give Back Night on Thursday, October 8 for dinner at Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers! 15% of sales go to Warrick Humane Society. Be sure to tell the cashier your order goes toward WHS!
The Give Back Event is happening at both Evansville locations: East Evansville - 2848 N Green River Rd. or West Evansville - 5501 Pearl Dr.