Meet Luke – A Big Dog with a Big Personality! [WHS Pet of the Week]
Hello! I'm Luke! I'm a big, friendly Saint Bernard mix with lots of love to give and I'm only ONE so I'm still kinda puppyish! If you are interested in adopting me, please submit an adoption application through the website.
I like older kids. I'm pretty big so younger kids might not be best around me but you can always bring them to meet me and see if I fit into your family! I'd love to be a part of a really nice family.
Interested in Luke ? Fill out an application here!
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!
Right now, the WHS has an abundance of KITTIES! Interested in a Kitten or Cat? Fill out an application here!
OTHER STUFF HAPPENING AT THE WHS
If you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
Keep a Lookout for Tigger
Fall Online Silent Auction
Starting Sept 14th at 10 AM , the WHS will be hosting the non-wearables part of their online silent auction. Bid on packages and gifts from local businesses and donors. See details here. See all the items here.
This is the second half of our silent auction... our non-wearables! OK, so maybe a few wearables. Welcome to our 2020 Online Silent Auction! To bid on an item, comment your bid below the picture. Minimum bid increase $1. Make sure you are on the actual picture and not the album or a picture that someone has shared. Bidding will start once pictures are posted which will be on September 14, 2020 at approximately 10am. Bidding will end promptly September 20, 2020 at 8:00pm. We will use Facebook’s time stamps to judge what the last bid was on or before 7:59pm. Winners will be notified by Facebook Messenger. If you have won an item and do not use Facebook Messenger, please email us promptly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Items must be paid for by September 27th, 2020, or the item will go to the second highest bidder. Payment will be accepted in the form of cash, check, credit card (in person or over the phone) and PayPal. Due to COVID-19, we are happy to arrange curbside pickup of items. Due to the size of some of these items, we will be unable to ship them. Gift certificates/gift cards are the only items that we can ship. Please note: Actual product color may vary from the images shown. Every monitor or mobile display has a different capability to display colors, and every individual may see these colors differently. In addition, lighting conditions at the time the photo was taken can also affect an image's color. All sales are final.
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Give Back Night
Join us for a Give Back Night on Thursday, October 8 for dinner at Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers! 15% of sales go to Warrick Humane Society. Be sure to tell the cashier your order goes toward WHS!
The Give Back Event is happening at both Evansville locations: East Evansville - 2848 N Green River Rd. or West Evansville - 5501 Pearl Dr.