Meet Gracie – A Good Little Gal [WHS Pet of the Week]
Hello! I'm Gracie! I'm an eight-year-old Rat Terrier mix. Want to know the BEST thing about rat terriers? We love our people unconditionally! Some dogs' worst nightmare is the shelter but for me it was a saving grace. When I came to the WHS, I was pretty under the weather. But they say I'm like a spring! I bounced right back!
I like older kids. I'm pretty small so younger kids might not understand I'm not a toy and might hurt me. I LOVE playing with other dogs. And I'm a lady, I know how to potty outside! I'd love to be a part of a really nice family. I promise, I'm a good old gal who just needs a warm lap.
Interested in Gracie? Fill out an application here!
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email email@example.com.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!
Right now, the WHS has an abundance of KITTIES! Interested in a Kitten or Cat? Fill out an application here!
OTHER STUFF HAPPENING AT THE WHS
If you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
Keep a Lookout for Tigger
Fall Online Silent Auction
Starting Sept 14th at 10 AM , the WHS will be hosting the non-wearables part of their online silent auction. Bid on packages and gifts from local businesses and donors. See details here.
Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers Give Back Night
Join us for a Give Back Night on Thursday, October 8 for dinner at Freddy's Frozen Custard and Steakburgers! 15% of sales go to Warrick Humane Society. Be sure to tell the cashier your order goes toward WHS!
The Give Back Event is happening at both Evansville locations: East Evansville - 2848 N Green River Rd. or West Evansville - 5501 Pearl Dr.