How To Find a Lost Pet in Henderson, Kentucky
One of the worst feelings in the world is if your pet goes missing. With two pups of my own, I have definitely felt this type of panic a time or two. Even worse is feeling panicked and not knowing what to do next.
First things first, prepare ahead by microchipping your pet and making sure they have a current license on their collar. Prevention is always your first defense against a flighty pet or a sneaky escape artist.
My Pet is Missing...What Do I Do?
So, you've ran all over your neighborhood calling out for your beloved furry friend with no luck. Now what can you do to ensure your pet is safely returned home?
Here are some helpful tips to follow if your pet is missing:
1. If your pet is microchipped, call the company the chip is through to make sure the owner contact information is up to date. Microchips are a great way to reunite owners with their pets, but they only work if the information is current.
2. Call or visit animal control or the humane society. Many times, these places are the first place someone who found your pet will think to bring it. Don't feel discouraged after checking the first time. Report your lost pet and leave your contact number. Remember to check back daily.
During business hours call (270) 826-8966. For weekends, call dispatch at (270) 827-8700.
Address: 203 Drury Lane, Henderson, KY 42420
3. Post your pet on Pawboost or the Lost and Found Pets in Henderson, KY Facebook page. When my cat snuck out of my house years ago, I was able to find her through a lost pet Facebook page. Also, the Nextdoor app is a great way to reach lots of neighbors at once.
4. Call local vet offices to see if any injured animals were brought in. Make sure to leave your contact information and a brief description of your pet just in case.
5. Make some old school flyers to post in public places around town. Make sure to use a clear photo and make note of unique markings in the description of your pet.
Most importantly, keep calm and stay positive. Your pet is out there somewhere so don't give up!