Joe Joe is a Friendly Dude Who Just Wants a Fun Family [WHS PET OF THE WEEK]
Meet Joe Joe. JJ is a one-year-old Jack Russell Terrier mix. He's only 26 pounds and has lots of Jack Russell energy! He's been at the shelter for over a month but we think it's because he's waiting for the perfect home that will appreciate his get up and go!
Interested in Joe Joe? Fill out an application here!
STILL AVAILABLE (1/28/21): Meet Carter! Carter is a young male Akita mix. He is a very loving boy. He seems to do well around other dogs. We are unsure on cats. He does appear to have some road rash where he was hit by a car, but he has been examined by a vet and it seems to just be road rash and no serious injuries. He is available for pre adoption and can go home after his neuter! -WHS
I love akitas. My akita, Kodi, passed back in March and though they can be temperamental, Kodi was the sweetest boy in the whole world. Neighborhood kids would knock on the door and ask Kodi to come out and play. I miss him terribly but my heart's not ready for another akita. Maybe yours is! Check out Carter. He's a big cutie for sure!
Interested in Carter? Fill out an application here!
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!
OTHER STUFF HAPPENING AT THE WHS
If you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.