Gilda’s Club Evansville to Deliver Program Virtually
Gilda's Club Evansville has made the decision to suspend in-person activities at the Clubhouse and at the Gilda's On the Go locations until it is safe to resume. After guidance from the national and local health authorities their main concern is the health of their members, volunteers, friends and staff. This decision was not made lightly, and has been put in place to protect the medically-vulnerable population they serve.
"Beginning Wednesday, March 18th, Gilda’s Club support groups, educational workshops and healthy lifestyle activities will be offered via a virtual online connection accessible from any smartphone or computer."
Virtual Opportunities and arrangements for program activities are as follows:
- Current support group members will receive an invitation to join a virtual support group during their normally-scheduled group time.
- Educational workshops will continue to be streamed on the Gilda’s Club Evansville Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gildasclubevansville/
- Persons seeking help for cancer-related distress may call 812-402-8667 for connection to a Gilda’s Club licensed social worker.
- Customized plans for Gilda’s Club participation will take place on an individual basis, via phone or limited in-person appointments.
- The Clubhouse facility will close to the public, however, staff will remain on duty and phones will be answered during normal business hours.
- Gilda’s On the Go Outreach will be put on hold until we receive further direction from our healthcare partners.
Their goal is to return to regular in-person programming as soon as it is safe. For updates they encourage you to visit their website here, through their social media, or via email with email@example.com.