Evansville’s Winter Bucket List
You'll want to check these off your bucket list before the season is over!
Sometimes winter gets a bad rep for being cold and boring, but there's actually some pretty neat things to do around the Evansville area when Old Man Winter rolls in.
So, to make things a little more enjoyable during these teen temperatures, we've complied a list of things to do this winter if you live around the city. We've decided ti call it: Evansville's Winter Bucket List.
1. Go sledding down Reitz Hill. It's like the #1 spot for some serious speed.
2. Take a cruise through the Ritzy's Fantasy of Lights.
3. Go ice skating at Swonders. Take the wife/hubby, or bring the kiddos along.
4. Attend the annual Christmas parade. Evansville's North Main Christmas Parade has already come and gone, but Henderson's Christmas Parade is taking place Dec. 1 at 5 p.m.. They're even having breakfast with Santa! Henderson has a ton of fun stuff happening in the upcoming weeks in celebration of Christmas.
5. Go through the Santa Claus Land of Lights in Santa Claus, IN. FUN FACT: The Rob's Radio Show with Maddie West has your chance to win a FREE car pass to the Santa Claus Land of Lights if you listen to the show between 5-10!
6. Attend the annual Yule Wizard's Ball in Evansville. It's taking place Jan. 26, 2019.
7. Attend the Winter Carnival of Lights. It's going on now through Dec. 25 at the Vanderburgh 4-H Center. There's Christmas lights, Christmas trees, and Santa’s workshop. 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays; 8 p.m. Sundays. The light show is open all day, every day. The best part of all is that it's all FREE.