Indiana Police Department Currently Accepting Applications for New Officers
The Evansville Police Department has announced plans to hire new officers bu, but the deadline to apply is quickly approaching.
Like for just about any other job, there are some basic requirements that applicants must be able to meet including being a United States Citizen of good moral character, as well as the ability to pass a mandatory drug screening. In addition, applicants should have a high school diploma or GED. Those interested in applying should not have any felony convictions and no domestic violence-related offenses on their record - whether felony or misdemeanor. Additionally, according to the EPD website,
- [applicants] Must be 21-35 years of age at time of application
- Possess a valid driver's license from current state of residence
- Military discharge (if applicable) cannot be characterized as "other than honorable", "bad conduct", or "dishonorable"
- Have uncorrected vision at least 20/100 in both eyes, or be a long-term successful user of soft contact lenses correctable to 20/30 (must also be free from color blindness)
- Must submit to in-depth background investigation; polygraph, psychological testing and medical examination.
Applicants will also be required to complete an in-depth physical fitness assessment test that requires all standards to be met before being allowed to continue to the written test. The physical agility testing consists of the following assessments and all are on a pass/fail basis.
- Vertical Jump Test (Standard – 16 inches or greater)
- Timed Sit Up Test (Standard – 29 in one minute or less)
- 300 Meter Run (Standard – complete in 71 seconds or less)
- Push Up Test (Standard – complete 25 push-ups with no time limit)
- 1.5 Mile Run (Standard – complete in 16:28 or less)
Once an applicant has passed the physical assessment, only then will they be allowed to move on to the written portion of the application process that includes Arithmetic, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, and Incident Report Writing. A passing score of 80% or better is required to move on to the next phase which includes the Structured Oral Interview.
Learn More to Become an EPD Officer
If you've read through all of this so far and feel as though you would be a good candidate, there are some additional testing and steps that must be completed. To learn more now, including salary and benefits offered, visit EvansvillePolice.com. The deadline to submit an application in November 16, 2022.
Evansville Police Officers Walk the Beat, Getting to Know Their Neighbors
See the Deaconess-Evansville Police Suicide Prevention Cruiser