Safety Tips for Women
As a woman, we have to be cautious when we are out and about, and there are several ways to help make sure that you stay safe.
Tips for staying safe:
- Be aware of your surroundings. Keep your nose out of your phone and pay extra attention to what is going on around you.
- Use the buddy system. If you are leaving work late at night, leave at the same time as your coworkers. You can also ask a male coworker to walk you out to the car.
- If you have to be alone, walk with your head up and your shoulders back like the boss that you are. Carry yourself confidently. If you don’t look like a victim, a potential attacker is less likely to target you. They don’t want trouble or a scene.
- Check your car before you get in. Take a good look inside before you climb in. Before you even put the key in the ignition or whip your lipstick out of your purse to apply, lock the door. Always. Make this a habit.
- Whether it’s self-defense training, a can of pepper spray or practicing your Second Amendment Right, know how to defend yourself.
- Trust your gut. If you have a bad feeling or something doesn’t seem right, trust that feeling.