It Takes a Village Canine Rescue Is In Desperate Need of Your Help
It Takes a Village Canine Rescue has run into a financial situation and is petitioning the Tri-state to rally behind them in order to help them continue their efforts to save the lives of homeless dogs.
According to the official Facebook page for It Takes a Village Canine Rescue, the rescue has found themselves in a situation.
ITV must temporarily stop rescuing dogs in need!! For almost 4 years, ITV has been saving dogs from euthanasia and neglect. Our no-kill rescue center was opened after our community rallied around us to win a Facebook voting grant. We have helped most shelters and rescues from the tri-state area, as well as numerous stray dogs and owner surrenders. We help any dog that we are able to, irrespective of breed, location or circumstance. We are in a transition period and we need our community to rally around us again to continue helping homeless dogs.
Our vet bills and operating expenses average about $10,000 a month. We pay these expenses with adoption fees, fundraisers and donations. Did you see that we are at events every weekend, sometimes 3-4 events a weekend, such as this past weekend? We have several events coming up, including a benefit ride and a booth at the fall festival, which will help with expenses. We look forward to a bright future of helping many more thousands of dogs. But, we need to raise money to pay outstanding vet bills. Until we pay these bills, we will not be able to take anymore dogs into the rescue. The support of our community allows us to help dogs like Simone, who has a $700 vet bill after her leg was injured. Our goal is to raise $10,000 in the next 30 days, which is just one month’s operating expenses.
The rescue, a 501 c3 non-for-profit, has organized numerous fundraising efforts to help them reach their $10,000 goal.
- BBQ Fundraiser – now thru June 14th, you can order BBQ smoked Boston Pork Butt (7-8 lbs) for $25/each and Pork Ribs (3 lbs) for $22. from award-winning smokemaster, Red Headed Moose BBQ. Orders can be picked up June 21st at the Doggie-Palooza event.
- Dine Out to Donate – Hacienda Giveback Event – Stop by Hacienda on Green River Road on Monday, June 9th and print & present the donation coupon with your check, and Hacienda will donate 20% of your purchase to ITV.
- Peeler Fundraiser – Thru July 14th, Purchase a Peeler for $10 with the proceeds going to benefit ITV, and then use the Peeler for discounts at some of your favorite restaurants and businesses.
- Scentsy Fundraiser – Jade Mason will donate 25% of her sales to the dogs of ITV now through June 20th.
- Tail Waggin’ Wednesday – Join ITV at Mojo’s Boneyard on June 18th, and the third Thursday of every month for 60 cent wings, and a portion of your bill goes to the dogs of ITV.
- Rollin with the Big Dogs Benefit Ride – This is the inaguaral ride to benefit the dogs of ITV. The 80 mile ride on June 21st will start at Bud’s Harley Davidson with first bike out at 10am. The event is open to all bikes, cars & trucks.
- Doggie-palooza Bierstube & Music Festival – This annual event will feature food, drinks and live, local music.
Even if you can’t take part in one of these great events to help the dogs of It Takes a Village, you can always donate directly to It Takes a Village here.