Game Day Recipe – Buffalo Chicken Dip
Having the right food is a must in order to properly enjoy Sunday's Super Bowl between the 49er's and the Ravens. This Buffalo Chicken Dip is the perfect companion for those who like their snacks like they like their football — full of grown men in tight pants wrestling each other to the ground. Wait, what?
All jokes aside, this buffalo chicken dip my wife whips up has been requested for nearly every get together we're invited to (football related and otherwise). It's easy to make, only requires a few ingredients, and offers just enough kick to give you those little beads of sweat under your eyes and across the top of your forehead.
Here's what you need:
- 1 - 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 1 - 2 cans of shredded chicken (I prefer the fresh chicken)
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce (we use Frank's Red Hot)
- 1 packet of dry Ranch Dressing mix
- Your choice of shredded cheese (cheddar, cheddar jack, colby jack are all good options)
Here's what to do with it:
- Boil chicken breasts until no longer pink. Place in the fridge or freezer until cool enough to handle. If you opt for canned chicken meat, simply open the cans and drain out the juice.
- Preheat over to 400°
- Combine cream cheese, hot sauce, and ranch dressing mix in a bowl
- Shred chicken by hand and toss into the bowl
- Stir to combine and transfer mixture to a casserole dish
- Top with shredded cheese and cover with aluminum foil
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with your choice of chips or crackers.