How Ryan Created the Best Darn Brownies Ever by Accident [RECIPE]
My mom has always made the best brownies (by law I have to say that), but thanks to simple tweak I made to the recipe out of necessity, I made them better.
It went down like this; I decided to whip up a batch of Mom’s brownies one night at home and was getting the ingredients pulled together when I noticed I didn’t have one key thing, unsweetened baker’s chocolate. Obviously it’s difficult to make chocolate brownies when you don’t have any chocolate. I did however have a can of Hersey’s dark chocolate cocoa powder which featured a substitution chart on the back such a case. Clearly the end result was a success or you wouldn’t be reading this post, because I wouldn’t have written it.
Here’s how to whip up your own batch of rich chocolate Heaven squares.
- 6 Tablespoons dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable shortening or cooking oil
- 1/2 cup of butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup of flour
- Preheat over to 350°
- In a medium saucepan, combine cocoa powder, shortening, and butter and melt over medium heat. Stir constantly until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in sugar until blended.
- Blend in eggs one at a time.
- Add vanilla and stir until combined.
- Add flour and stir to combine.
- Grease 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray or butter, or line with parchment paper, and pour the batter in.
- Bake for 25 minutes*
*My oven tends to bake things quickly, so I check them at 20 minutes then bake them for an addition minute or two as necessary.