Evansville School Ranks Top Ten in America’s Best Public Schools
Today Newsweek and The Daily Beast released their list of the best public schools in America, and an Evansville school made the ranks.
Not only did they made the ranks, but Evansville’s Signature School made the top ten, coming in at number 7 on the nationwide list.
All of the schools on the list were ranked according to those that most effectively produced college-ready students.
According to the rankings, Signature School produced a 100% graduation rate with 100% of those students being college bound.
Students attending Signature School had an average SAT score of 1811.
A six-part process was used to develop these rankings, which included the schools graduation rate, college matriculation rate, AP/IB/AICE tests taken per student, SAT/ ACT test scores, average AP/IB/AICE scores, and the number of AP courses offered per student.
Other Indiana Schools to make the top 1000 list were The Indiana Academy for Science, Mathematics, and Humanities ranking at 118, Zionsville Community at 378, West Lafayette at 386, Carmel at 473, Fishers at 707, and Burris Laboratory School at 816.
Top Ten Public Schools in America:
1. The Gatton Academy of Mathematics and Science in Kentucky, Bowling Green, KY.
2. The School for the Talented and Gifted Magnet, Dallas, TX.
3. Basis Scottsdale, Scottsdale, AZ.
4. School of Science and Engineering Magnet, Dallas, TX.
5. Basis Tucson, Tucson, AZ.
6. Jefferson County International Baccalaureate School, Birmingham, AL.
7. Signature School, Evansville, IN.
8. Stanton College Preparatory School, Jacksonville, FL.
9. Suncoast Community, Riviera Beach, FL.
10. Thomas Jefferson for Science and Technology, Alexandria, VA.