Easy Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas – Ryan’s Recipe
If you haven't noticed yet, we like to cook at the O'Bryan house. One of my favorites is this enchilada recipe that uses a mix of mushroom soup, enchilada sauce, sour cream, and more cheese than should be allowed by law to create a rich and delicious Mexican-style meal.
Here's what you need:
- 2 chicken breasts*
- 1-1/2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 10oz. can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1-2 cups of shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion**
- 8oz. of sour cream
- 1 - 14oz. can of enchilada sauce
- 10 pack of 8 inch flour tortillas
*1 large can or 3 small cans of canned chicken meat can be substituted, but something about that makes me nauseous so I boil and shred my own chicken. This can be done the night before or even a few days ahead of time and kept in the freezer. Just boil a good size pot of water, add some seasoning like seasoning salt to give it some flavor and boil for about 20 minutes or until the inside of the chicken is no longer pink.
**Can be substituted with 2-3 teaspoons of onion powder
Now that you have the ingredients, here's what you do with them:
- Preheat oven to 325
- Mix shredded chicken with cheddar cheese and onion or onion powder
- Place a small handful onto one tortilla shell
- Roll tortilla and place in greased 9 x 13 casserole dish or baking pan, repeat until the pan is full
- In a separate bowl, mix Cream of Mushroom soup, sour cream, and enchilada sauce.
- Pour sauce over rolled tortillas and cover with Colby Jack cheese
- Bake for 30 minutes
That's all there is to it. This is a great way to shake up the routine "taco night", just add some refried beans and/or boxed mexican rice on the side.