31st Annual ‘Native American Days’ at Angel Mounds Coming September 27th-29th
The annual event provides an unprecedented amount of educational, family-friendly activities that celebrate Native American heritage.
For the affordable price of $6 per adult and $3 per child (2 and under are free), families will be able to see professional demonstrations, participate in hands-on activities, take a hay ride through the site or listen to Native American music and/or storytelling, among other events. Attendees will also have a chance to browse and purchase Native American art, jewelry, and other hand-made crafts.
Nearly 2,000 area school children will attend Native American Days on Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., and the public on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., for the following activities:
- Indian Craft and Fine Arts Market
- Live Music, Dancing, and Storytelling, including a special Cherokee War Dance by the Nvhi Warriors of Eastern Band Cherokee
- Featured Presenters on Brain Tanning, Pottery, Drum Construction, Beadwork, and more
- Activities such as Hayrides, Games, Crafts, Native Foods, and Archery (with a Kids Competition on Sunday)
- Other attractions include the Corn Maze Grand Opening and “Baggataway at the Mounds,” Lacrosse Expo, featuring area youth and the Wolftown Stickball Team of Eastern Band Cherokee