Snow & Winter Weather Possible Thru Thursday – Roads Treacherous
Today, I'm spending my day updating the closings page and watching the little birds bombard my bird feeders while the snow comes down. I am NOT getting out and driving but if you do, please be careful! The roads are bad and they are getting worse.
According to the National Weather Service:
Moderate to heavy snow (with some snow pellet/sleet mixing near/south of the Ohio) continues. With snowfall rates of an inch an hour, accumulations will rapidly build. Combined with heavily reduced visibility in heavier snow areas, road conditions will be treacherous.
Treacherous... eek! #nothanks
And the snow won't be slowing down anytime soon. In fact, this could go on until THURSDAY. Oh bother.
- County Travel Status Map: Check the travel advisory level of your county on this Indiana department of Homeland Security (IDHS) site. Advisory levels represent travel restrictions and driving conditions.
- Indiana Travel Conditions: This INDOT site displays real-time road restrictions, closures and conditions throughout Indiana.
- Indiana Traffic Conditions: This INDOT site displays real-time traffic conditions throughout the state, with the ability to focus in on the Northwest, Central, and Southern regions of the state
- INDOT Road Conditions phone line: 1-800-261-ROAD (7623)
- Kentucky Traffic Conditions
- 511 Traffic & Travel Info - The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet's central web site for highway and traffic reports from the entire state.
- Snow and Ice Removal - Maps showing priority snow and ice removal maps for each of Kentucky's counties.
- Kentucky Roadway Weather Information System - Weather conditions and images from weather stations located at various stations around the commonwealth.
- Traffic Laws - A brief summary of Kentucky's traffic laws and what to do in case of a traffic emergency.
- Kentucky Weather Information - Weather information for cities across Kentucky.
TIPS: Here's how you can prepare for power outages