Poinsettias Are Pretty Holiday Plants But They Are Poisonous To Pets
Poinsettias are beautiful plants and they're prevalent in retailer locations this time of years as they are a traditional holiday decoration but did you know they are incredibly toxic to pets? It's true and it's not just one part of the plant that can be poisonous - it's every part of a poinsettia. If you have pets, it's best to avoid this festive table topper all together.
Poinsettias aren't the only holiday plant that is hazardous to the health of our four-legged friends. Holly and mistletoe are also both toxic. Unlike the poinsettia though, it's only the berries of these two holiday favorites that are poisonous. It's still best to play it safe and avoid these too. For other, non-holiday-themed plants that are toxic to pets, visit HumaneSociety.org.
If you believe your pet has ingested a poisonous plant, or other poisonous substance, call the ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Hotline: (888) 426-4435