Are You Carter’s Lobster? [WHS PET OF THE WEEK]
How you doin'?! I'm Carter and can you believe I've been at the WHS for a few months now? I know, right? Look at me! I LOVE people and friends! I like other dogs! I'd be cool with my own pack, you know? I'm healing from my recent surgery. Someone hurt my tail and never got it fixed. I finally got it fixed and it feels a lot better!
Anyway, wanna be my lobster or my family of lobsters? Come meet me and we can be forever friends!
Interested in Carter? Fill out an application here!
STILL AVAILABLE: Hey baby, I'm Miss Georgia! The staff says I'm a lovely gal. I am a well-mannered lady but I do get a little put-off by other dogs who get up in my business. And I'm too mature to put up with it. You know what I'm sayin'? Therefore, I am quite picky about who I associate myself with which is why I only let certain canines into my play group at the shelter. I do very much want to be a part of a family or even a single person's companion.
A little more about me:
- I'm an 8 1/2 year old female Boxer/Plott Hound
- I ♥️ things that are pink and scented
- I'm all for world peace ✌️
- I'm ready to go home today
Please don't pass me by!
♥️, Miss Georgia
Interested in Miss Georgia? Fill out an application here!
If you are interested in any of the animals up for adoption at the WHS, please be aware of their current COVID-19 policies.
- Adoptions are by appointment only - please fill out an adoption application online, and we will contact you to set up an appointment. Applications can be found here: https://warrickhumanesociety.org/adoption-info/
- We will schedule three adoption appointments per hour, and only two people per family/group will be allowed in the shelter at one time. This will allow for people to spend time looking for the right pet while practicing social distancing. Additional people/family members will be allowed to wait outside and the pet (dogs only) can be taken out to meet with them. This will also allow ample time for staff to properly clean between each adoption.
- Masks are required by everyone while in the shelter. Please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, the shelter has some for purchase for $1 each.
- To keep traffic to a minimum, we will not be allowing volunteers inside the shelter at this time. We will have things for volunteers to do outside. If you're interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Warrick Tails on Trails has started up again! Please watch their Facebook page for details!
OTHER STUFF HAPPENING AT THE WHS
If you want to adopt but can't, consider donating something to the shelter. They are currently in need of: Cat litter - any brand, laundry detergent - any brand HE, and bleach. There are also some upcoming fundraisers and events.
PET PHOTO CONTEST
WHS Etsy Shop Open
Find Love this Valentine’s Day with Doggie Date Weekend with WHS! This is a great chance to spend the weekend with a WHS Dog to get them out of the shelter for a few days & see if there just might be a Furever Love Connection!
1: Fill out an Application Online & in the Name Portion put *Doggie Date Weekend*. You will be contacted to schedule an appointment time.
2: Starting Saturday, February 13th-Sunday, February 14th, attend your appointment to pick up your Date! Appointments will be scheduled first come first serve so all the dogs get a chance to meet their weekend Valentine
3: Valid for dogs 6 months or older only.
4: Drop Offs will be scheduled Monday, February 15th from 9am-1pm or Tuesday, February 16th from 9am - 3pm.
5: Fall In Love? Awesome! $50 Off Adoption Fees for anyone that participates in Doggie Date Weekend!