Gilda’s Club Evansville Going Totally Virtual Due To Health Concerns
Gilda's Club Evansville delivers programs and services to cancer patients, men, women, and children, as well as their families and friends thought the Tristate. Because of the coronavirus concerns, they have made the decision to go totally virtual for the time being.
According to their press release,
Virtual opportunities and arrangements for program activities are as follows:
- Current support group members will receive an invitation to join a virtual support group during their normally-scheduled group time.
- Educational workshops will continue to be streamed on the Gilda’s Club EvansvilleFacebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gildasclubevansville/
- Persons seeking help for cancer-related distress may call 812-402-8667 for connection to a Gilda’s Club licensed social worker.
- Customized plans for Gilda’s Club participation will take place on an individual basis, via phone or limited in-person appointments.
- The Clubhouse facility will close to the public, however, staff will remain on duty and phones will be answered during normal business hours.
- Gilda’s On the Go Outreach will be put on hold until we receive further direction from our healthcare partners.Gilda’s Club will continue to provide updates as this situation evolves via email, social media and our website at www.gcevv.org/blog.html. Our goal is to return to regular in-person programming. as quickly as it is safe to do so.