Castle’s Bailey Officially Signs to Play Football at Vanderbilt
After considering Indiana, Florida Atlantic, Illinois, Cincinnati, Syracuse, and Miami of Ohio, Castle High School alum, Bryce Bailey put pen to paper on during Wednesday's National Signing Day to become a member of the Vanderbilt Commodores of the SEC.
The signing was merely a formality as Bailey made a verbal commitment to join the program back in June.
The 6'5", 305 pound offensive tackle is expected to find his way into the rotation early on, according to Adam Sparks of The Tennessean, and continues the Commodores' trend of tall offensive linemen with Bailey being the eighth lineman on the roster (newest signees included) that stands 6'5" or taller.
Bailey joins one the toughest conferences in football in the Southeastern Conference (SEC), which also includes perennial powerhouse, and national title contender, Alabama, as well as LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Auburn, and Texas A&M, among others.
The Commodores kick off the 2017 season on the road at Middle Tennessee on September 2nd. The remainder of their schedule is as follows:
- Saturday, September 9th vs. Alabama A&M
- Saturday, September 16th vs. Kansas State
- Saturday, September 23rd vs. Alabama
- Saturday, September 30th at Florida
- Saturday, October 7th vs. Georgia
- Saturday, October 14th at Ole Miss
- Saturday, October 28th at South Carolina
- Saturday, November 4th vs. Western Kentucky
- Saturday, November 11th vs. Kentucky
- Saturday, November 18th vs. Missouri
- Saturday, November 25th at Tennessee
Best of luck Bryce!