5 Favorite Brews of Fall
It seems as though summer has just started to wane here in the tri-state. Yet at dinner the other night, I was told my favorite summer beer Sam Adams Summer was replaced with October Fest. I guess summer is almost over, well, according to the beer companies anyway.
After the reality set in, I realized that autumn can be a good thing because of all the great favorites these craft beers offer its' many fans. AND with America on Tap October 3, 2015 at the Downtown Evansville Riverfront, not a bad idea to get in the fall groove and sample away!
While domestic beer says may be down, craft beer sales are soaring. Everybody seems to love the flavors and varieties these hot selling beers and hard ciders have to offer.
Here are my top picks for beers of fall that you can easily find in the tristate!
1) Pumking - This was one of my favorites from last fall. Brewed by Southern Tier Brewing Company in Lakewood NY, this beer actually tastes more "pumkinee" with just a slight chill but almost room temperature. If you like pumpkin flavors, you'll love Pumking!
2) Dark-toberfest - Under the Saranac under the Matt Brewing Company, sometimes you just want a good dark beer and Dark-toberfest delivers rich flavors.
3) Saranac Pumpkin Ale - Last year I tried this cold with optional pumpkin spices around the rim of my mug. Recommended. Yum.
4) Sam Adams Octoberfest - This one is easily available and good. Reminds me a little of Yuengling when cold but the fall notes come up as it warms.
5) Angry Orchard Hard Cider - Again, easy to find at tri-state taverns and restaurants, this is a favorite of many. A little sweet for me but after a long day outside in the heat, it can taste just right.
America on Tap
America On Tap is the foremost producer of premium beer festivals in the country, and the first and only nationally integrated entertainment series dedicated to showcasing specialty and craft breweries from around the globe.
You can also expect live music from The Beat Daddys!
With more than 70 planned beer festivals in 2015, each featuring sought after specialty and craft breweries and their highly anticipated releases, America On Tap delivers a unique and robust beer focused experience filled with live music, great vendors and delicious local food! Tickets are $35 in advance and $40 the day of the event.
TEXT BREW TO 89000 FOR ‘AMERICA ON TAP CRAFT BEER FEST’ UPDATES
Read More: America on Tap Craft Beer Festival |