This begs the question, "Can you win a fight against static electricity?"

When winter rolls around here in Evansville, the level of static electricity in the building rises exponentially. I'm no science major, but my guess is that it has something to do with the heat being on and drying out the air in the building combined with sweatshirts rubbing against the t-shirt underneath it, creating an unseen charge of static electricity which only reveals itself once human skin touches anything metal — like every freakin' door handle in the building.

It's bad enough that I've even shocked my shoulder on the corner of a wall after cutting a corner in the hallway too close. Then there was the time I was standing in the door way of my office, leaned forward and shocked one of my nipples. The point being, it's an issue we have to deal with until the temperature outside rises higher than that of an Eskimo's rear end (which I assume is pretty cold).

I shot the video below to prove my point. Turn up your speakers so you can hear the "pop" when my skin touches the handle.