Wanted: Digital Media Assistant [Part-Time Position]
Digital Media Assistant Details
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, talented, hard-working individual to join our digital team. The digital team creates editorial content that runs across local network of seven radio station websites, including local events and news, entertainment and music news, photo galleries, artist and celebrity interviews and more. The DMA will report directly to the Digital Managing Editor and all Brand Managers.This is a a part-time position.
Assist in the production of digital content for local radio station web sites. This includes:
- Writing and editing original articles
- Assisting in the execution of sales needs
- Covering breaking news, exclusive content and planned events, research and prep for artist and celebrity interviews, photo shoots and live music events
- Oversight and updating of all social media outlets
- Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations majors preferred
- Outstanding written, oral communication, and organizational skills
- Passionate about local culture, entertainment, music, and news
- Knowledge of and experience using social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Web publishing tools is preferred but not required
- Basic HTML knowledge is preferred but not required
- SENSE OF HUMOR AND HUMOROUS WRITING STYLE A MUST!
Interested in this Job?
Please contact Ashley Sollars – Digital Managing Editor via email at Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include resume and writing sample.
Townsquare Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Townsquare Media Group is a diversified media, entertainment and digital marketing services company that owns and operates radio, digital and live event properties. The Company specializes in creating and distributing original entertainment, music and lifestyle content. Its assets include 244 radio stations, >250 local companion websites in 51 small to mid-sized markets, >350 live music and non-music events annually and certain national digital properties including Taste of Country, Diffuser.fm, Ultimate Classic Rock, Loudwire, The FW, GuySpeed, ScreenCrush and PopCrush, as well as a network of music and entertainment digital properties reaching over 60 million US unique visitors and E-commerce business Seize the Deal. Additionally, Townsquare Media also operates Townsquare Cares, a non-profit organization that seeks to better the lives of troops and their families. Funds managed by Oaktree Capital Management are the Company’s largest equity holder.