The Perfect Game Day Snack – Buffalo Chicken Dip
The only thing that gets me through game day is finding something fun to cook. Today is not only the big game between the Broncos and the Seahawks, but it is also the day that Michigan takes on Indiana in basketball. Basically, I’m in for a long day of sports.
One of my favorite things to cook is a somewhat healthier version of buffalo chicken dip. It is probably one of the easies things to make, and pretty much everyone loves it.
All you’ll need is:
- 6 oz. of low fat whipped cream cheese
- 6 oz. of plain greed yogurt (the single serving is the perfect size)
- 6 oz. of shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of buffalo sauce (I prefer Frank’s, but attempting to get that on superbowl sunday just wasn’t possible)
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ranch dip mix
All you have to do is combine the cream cheese, yogurt, chicken, buffalo sauce, ranch mix, and cheese in a large bowl. Spread the mixture out in a glass baking dish. Then I like to add a little more cheese and buffalo sauce to the top. Then back for 20-25 minutes and 350 degrees.
The most time consuming part of this recipe is baking the chicken and then shredding it. But other than that, it’s pretty simple.You can also use canned chicken to make the process easier and cheaper, but it’s not quite the same. I use pretzel chips for dipping, but it is also good with tortilla chips or pita chips as well. It’s pretty spicy, but it’s good enough to keep the sports fans in my house quiet for at least a little bit.