Selena Gomez‘s stalker is so out of his mind that he’s almost making sense. Thomas Brodnicki has filed a sworn declaration saying that his freedom would threaten the 19-year-old singer’s well-being.

Brodnicki was originally charged with felony stalking, but the charges were dismissed last month. Now that Gomez is pushing for a permanent restraining order against him, it seems the man is siding with the ‘Who Says’ singer.

According to TMZ, the case judge, William Stewart, would not issue the restraining order until Brodnicki appeared in court to defend himself. Stewart worried that Brodnicki’s inability to appear in court to defend his case might deny him his right of due process.

However, Brodnicki said he did not want to attend the Jan. 6 court date, and stated in his declaration: “I believe that a restraining order should be issued against me to prevent me from trying to contact Selena Gomez.” He continued, “I do not wish to object to the restraining order against me because I know it is the only thing that will make me stay away from Selena.”

Brodnicki was picked up on a psychiatric hold last month, and according to another declaration by the officer involved, the alleged stalker said “he had over fifty conversations with God a day, about killing Ms. Gomez.”

Yikes. Maybe Brodnicki is finally making sense after all.