Popular Plants for First-Timers To Try
Spring time is the time for planting and if you’re thinking about giving your GREEN THUMB a try, here are some plants and veggies that are recommended for first-timers.
- Tomatoes – 9 out of 10 household gardens have tomatoes growing in them. They require very little maintenance and you can start growing them indoors before you move them to your outdoor garden.
- Potatoes – Since I work for a restaurant the SELLS potatoes, this would be a perfect choice. Most Americans eat potatoes in one form or another (i.e. Fries, hash browns, baked, etc.) and it would make your grocery cart a lot lighter.
- Basil – It’s a great herb that goes perfect with the tomatoes for a delicious spaghetti sauce.
- Marigolds – Experience gardeners say these are idiot proof and they look great on the front of the house.
- Sunflowers – They are beautiful to look at and you can even eat the seed for a snack!
If you have any other ideas that might be good for a first time gardener to try, leave your suggestions in the comment box!