Listeners Share Their Home Owner Horror Stories
I woke up this morning to a bit of a surprise in my basement, but turns out I'm not alone.
It was midnight when I crept downstairs to see how my boyfriend was getting along on his online quiz. I was standing on the stairs talking to him when I looked over and noticed what looked like vomit running down the wall in my basement. I glanced at the floor and saw a sopping wet puddle of water and moldy food encrusted to my carpet. Sometime over the last few days, my garbage disposal had backed up and caused a disgusting disaster. Yay, adulting!
So, I spent about an hour trying to clean up the moldy food pieces and egg shells off the carpet before I finally went back to bed. I rent my home, so it's best to leave it to the landlord and the professionals to do the rest. Needless to say, I'm running on E this morning. I needed a little comfort from the Tri-State, and turns out I'm nowhere near alone in this disaster. These things happen to everyone!
For example, Angel had a similar mishap...only her 2-year-old was the culprit.
Or Kara, who had the same issue as me...only worse.
My personal favorite is Brandon, who had been working on a house on the side without realizing one very important thing wasn't operating correctly.
See, I'm not alone! The difference between me and most people is that I'm a renter, so I don't have to worry about it too much. I trust my landlord will take care of it ASAP. It's still hands-down the nastiest thing I've ever experienced, and that says a lot.