Keep Warm During the Winter Months With This Easy Taco Soup Recipe
This quick and easy meal is one of my favorites. It’s like throwing a loaded burrito in a blender — only more visually appealing (I assume).
We’ve had this recipe laying around for so long, I don’t know where it came from. It’s one of those handed down, and handed down, over and over, until somehow it (thankfully!) ended up in our lap. It can be made on the stovetop in a large pot, or thrown together in the crockpot and left to stew throughout the day. Here’s how to whip it up:
- 1 pound ground beef (Eating healthy? Substitute ground turkey, or shredded chicken)
- 1 large onion – chopped
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 can of kidney or black beans – drained
- 1 can of mexican or fiesta style corn
- 1 can of chili beans – drained
- 1 – 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 1 – 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cup of water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1 package of dry ranch dressing mix
- Sour Cream (optional)
- Shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese (optional)
- Tabasco, or other preferred brand of hot sauce (optional)
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
Cook meat and onion together until meat is browned and no longer pink, drain and toss into pot. Add the next 10 ingredients listed above and cook until heated through.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and hot sauce.