Here’s Your 5 Minute, 50 Cent, 300 Calorie Breakfast – Cheesy Sausage and Egg Sandwich [Recipe]
This morning, I three people told me that my breakfast sandwich looked so delicious. The great part was - it IS delicious! It's less than calories and around $.050 to make. So, I'm going to share my secrets with them and you.
- 1 Multigrain sandwich round(90 calories)
- 1 egg (70 calories)
- 1 tbsp milk or water
- salt/pepper/seasoning for taste
- cooking spray
- 5" ceramic pan
- 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese (I use Mexican blend) (40 calories)
- 1 sausage patty torn up - I use Morning Star breakfast sausages - (80 calories) or slice of lunchmeat ham or turkey
- First, I spray my little ceramic pan with olive oil cooking spray and put on Medium/High burner.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of cheese into the pan. If you have never cooked with ceramic, go to Walmart or Target NOW and get one. They are awesome!! Plus, this size is perfect for the multigrain round.
- While it's heating, I mix the egg, milk or water, and seasoning in a bowl and pour over cheese.
- After about seven minutes, I check the bottom of the egg. When it's golden brown and top is almost cooked through, sprinkle the top with the remaining cheese and flip for another 3 minutes.
- Place the cooked egg on the multigrain round and top with cooked sausage patty, slice of ham or turkey.
You can also add tomatoes, spinach, hot sauce, mustard or whatever you want to make it your own. It's easy - only takes five minutes to make, cheap and HEALTHY! Much better than a Poptart!